Tuesday 2 August 2011

Quotes anyone?

I have commissioned my sister, Jennifer,to paint me a pretty picture!

I don't have any sort of artistic abilities what so ever, so I gave very vague instructions to Jennifer (which she was not happy about; "I am not a sketchbook!" she said over and over again)

{I should give myself a little credit here: I am not artistic anywhere but the computer. I do believe myself to be pretty talented with Adobe Photoshop, but I digress}

What I did give Jennifer was an idea: vintage,inspirational and something to fit in perfectly with my blog.

Jennifer had also recently purchased this:
She sat down before breakfast. Decided how to spend her day: climb trees. Run fast. Sing at the top of her lungs. Do the dishes tomorrow.
Isn't is perfect!? I also found these from the same company. They have many more but these are my favourite!


First it begins inside your heart. Something moves. Then opens. Then frees itself. And now, you feel a rhythm breaking its long silence. This is going to be good…


She decided to free herself, dance into the wind, create a new language. And birds fluttered around her, writing “yes” in the sky.


That’s the way it is with dreams. They scratch at your door. You see them through the peep hole: A stray dream looking for a home. You think it might go away if you ignore it. Wrong. It’s still there when you open the door, smiling. Wagging its tail.

You can find these and many other products here: http://www.live-inspired.com/

I told Jennifer that I love the style of these and would love something like this, so I thought I had been pretty generous with my instructions: providing enough feedback without stifling her creative freedom. She doesn't see it this way though. 

I am so excited to show everyone the wonderful piece Jennifer painted for me, so keep checking back for that! 

While we wait for my painting, enjoy some other pieces by Jennifer



I do want to include an inspirational quote on my painting and I am having a hard time finding the perfect one! So I am passing this over to you!! Do you have a favourite I do want to include an inspirational quote that would be perfect for my painting? It could be something that always helps you feel better after a hard day, or even a cute saying that would fit in with the direction this painting is trying to go in. I would love to hear anything you have! 

Leave a comment and the 'winning' quote will receive a painting by Jennifer Dawes, future famous Canadian artist! (she doesn't actually know about this yet)


I am looking forward to reading all of the quotes! 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Katelyn! I love those book quotes you posted! I tend to collect quotes, but unfortunately, my quote book isn't in Russia with me, so I can't look for a really good one. Here are some ones I've stumbled upon recently:

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering, because you can't take it in all at once.
-Audrey Hepburn

Life isn't worth living unless it is lived for someone else.
-Albert Eistein

Let your workings remain a mystery, just show people the results.
-Lao Tzu

Some others off the top of my head:

Here I stand; I can do no other.
-Martin Luther

The greatest satisfaction in life comes in doing what others say you cannot do.

Carpe Diem (a classic!)

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

Hmm I know I have others, but these will have to do for now. Good luck choosing one! I'm interested to see what others have to say too :)

Jennie Guenard said...

I would LOVE a piece of art by Jennifer, she's so talented! Here are some favorites. I have far too many so I tried to keep it to a few:

Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.
- Anonymous

A day without laughter is a wasted day.
- Charlie Chaplin

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
- Anonymous

There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.
- George Sand

It is a risk to love.
What if it doesn't work out?
Ah, but what if it does.
- Peter McWilliams

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.
- Winnie the Pooh

Not all those who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

What we love determines what we seek, what we seek determines what we think and do, what we think and do determines what we become.
- Uchtdorff

Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
- Albus Dumbledore

Life is for deep kisses, strange adventures, midnight swims and rambling conversations.
- Anonymous

Katelyn said...

Thanks Jennie! Those are all amazing quotes! I love that Dumbledore one!

Jennie Guenard said...

Does this mean I win?! Haha.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Things. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.