Monday 22 August 2011

Monday

Nothing much is happening around here. And yet there is so much to do, which is why I figured today was a great day to sit around and do nothing.

I arrive home from the daycare around 1:30 or so and by the time I am done lunch and the barn it is close to 2. Since it is now 3:20 I have officially wasted an hour and a half of my day. 


I really should go and do something, because my list is getting larger and larger every day. Off the top of my head I have to:
  • clean my desk, which has been neglected for so long I can no longer see the desk itself
  • do laundry
  • start some projects that I desperately want to do before school starts
  • clean my room for back to school
  • clean the cabin from camp
  • figure out when to go to a movie with Kirk
This past weekend Kirk and I bought Avelee a wagon for her first birthday. We had decided earlier that we were just going to go and look at the wagons to see the different types available. So much for that plan. Not only did we purchase the Little Tikes Deluxe Ride and Relax wagon, we also decided we couldn't wait until September 17 and gave it to her on Sunday!! We even took her for a little ride, which was a lot of fun! 

And you should see the wagon!!! It is so cool! It comes with a cooler pack, 6 cup holders, an umbrella and one of the sides flips up so you can use it as a bench! I will see if I can get some pictures of Kirk and I assembling it Saturday night from his mom. 

And now onto the Monday Post! 

An Awesome Thing:
I have been in a relationship with Kirk for over two years now and there have been little things that have happened over these two years that prove just how much I am in love with him. One of these little things happened just the other day when Kirk gave me some bubble wrap. I had recently, at some point, mentioned a bit ago how much I love popping bubble wrap. Now I can't even remember when I had mentioned this, as it was a just a passing comment. But Kirk remembered and brought me some bubble wrap from work for me. The only thing more awesome than popping bubble wrap is popping bubble wrap that your boyfriend brings you because he knows how much you love popping it

Book Update:
I am still working on my post for Pride and Prejudice. Stay tuned for that.
I finished The School of Essential Ingredients and you can read my review for it here.
I also finished reading Sarah's Key, which I did not love as much as I really wanted to. It was still great, but not fantastic. I will be posting a review for that soon.
I am reading Oliver Twist right now for the BBC list. It is not bad so far.

A Monday Present: 
I had a hard time finding something for this week. I just couldn't think of anything that would be great. And then I remembered this:
PINTEREST!!!!!

I am sure many people are already aware of Pinterest. But if you are not, you are welcome! It is so addicting, which is completely awful and wonderful at the same time for a university student. Jennie Guenard, one of my very first and best friends, {click here for her wonderful How to Deal With... blog and here for her amazing photography blog, Guenard Photography} told me about Pinterest. I both curse her and thank her every time I go on. Check it out, it is completely addicting and thrilling!!! Enjoy!

What sites can you not go a day without going on? How much time do you think you spend on the Internet a day? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Facebook for me! I can't even go a few hours without going on it.

Jennie Guenard said...

I love the bubble wrap thing! Adorable, you two are so meant for eachother :) And I'm sorry about pinterest, but I gave you fair warning about how addictive it is!!!

Katelyn said...

Jennie, it was my own fault for not taking you seriously. I thought I was stronger than I really am. I enjoy my time on Pinterest a little bit too much, but I am glad you introduced me to it!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Things. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.