Monday 15 August 2011

Hello? Anyone there?

I often wonder if anyone reads my blog. I have to force my family to read this, which leads me to a funny interlude. Remember the Dollar Store Hero? Well, Jen and I never told our parents about her locking the keys in Steve again. I had decided to write our adventures in a blog post and see if they actually read it. It was a few days since Mom asked if we were ever going to tell her about our adventure. It took Dad another few days to read it himself. Mom and Dad, the moral of the story is to read my blog as soon as I post anything!! That way you can stay in the loop.

Before I get on with this post I would like to ask people to comment, even if it is just to say hi!

My goal for the school year is to blog often! And I really do mean often!! The Monday Posts will be done EVERY WEEK! And I am hoping to have another posting during the week sometime. I also find school to provide the structure in my life that I crave, and I am hoping that blogging will supply me with enough of a break when I do need it. We shall have to see how this goes but fingers crossed for more frequent posting.

An Awesome Thing:
#922 Getting a trucker to blow his/her horn
I have been volunteering at a day care a bit this summer and #922 is the most awesome thing in the WORLD for these little kids. There is a construction site near the day care and the big trucks use the road that day care is on to get to the site.

Imagine a peaceful playground, with kids playing in the sandbox, reading books and just enjoying life. Wait! What was that?! The rumble of the truck is heard across the playground and all the children jump up and run screaming to the fence, all of them pumping their arm up and down motioning the truck driver to honk his/her horn. When that horn does blow (as it does every. single. time) all the kids jump up and down, screaming with joy. Within a few seconds, it is peaceful once again. That is, until the faint rumble of another truck sends all the kids back to the fence again. Getting a trucker to blow his/her horn really is an Awesome Thing

Book Updates:
I recently finished reading Pride and Prejudice. The best word to describe this book right now is love. I am planning on devoting an entire post to P&P because it deserves it.

I am now in the middle of The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister. This is quickly turning out to be a wonderful novel and even though I am not yet finished reading it, put it on your lists of things to read.

I recently did something I have not done in a very long time. I actually purchased a book! That's right, an actual, hold-in-your-hands, turn the pages, not an e-book, book! Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay has been a book I have been wanting to read for a very long time so when I saw this on sale at Wal Mart, I jumped at the chance.

I also purchased The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I am very anxious to read both of these books and I am planning on writing reviews for both.




A Monday Present:




Keeping with the spirit of epic babies, anyone have other pictures of epic babies? Funny, goofy or just plain adorable, please share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it!! Only when you remind me to though.

Jennie Guenard said...

I read every post you post! It's fun to stay updated on your life cause we're so far away :( I told Sarah about your blog, she should be starting to read it now too! Also, I love Pride and Prejudice, one of my all time favorite books! I love Jane Austen, all her books are so good!

Anonymous said...

Well, as the Mother, i may not get told everything, but I KNOW everything!! Although who locks their keys in the car twice??!! gack.

That is awesome about the truck horns. I can see the kids rushing to the fence like a school of fish following the bait.

-Susan

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Things. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.