Friday 29 June 2012

Breakfast - overnight oatmeal

Breakfast - a necessary evil. 
Most of the time I can barely get out the door and the added stress of making a breakfast that is delicious and quick is not something I enjoy. 

Thanks to Pinterest, I found
this recipe, Overnight Fridge Berry Oatmeal. I don't normally eat oatmeal in the mornings but this looks so delicious and easy that I had to give it a try! 

I had to change parts of the recipe so I will have to let you know how it turned out tomorrow. As you can see from the pictures, it made a lot! Even though I cut down on the proportions, I had better like it because I have enough for a month of Sundays.


Below is the original recipe with my changes in
bold.

Overnight Fridge Berry Oatmeal

3 cups Old Fashioned Oats - We didn't have Old Fashioned Oats so I used Quaker Quick Oats, and only 2 cups because 3 seemed like a huge amount! 

2 cups Vanilla Yogurt (I prefer vanilla, but you could use any flavor) - I used 1 cup of vanilla 

1-2 cups frozen mixed berries - We had fresh raspberries in the fridge so I throw some in! I tried a small handful, and then added more until I was happy with the amount. 
1/2 cup apple juice (apple juice is more subtle, but you can use any juice you like) - I didn't have apple juice so I used orange. I did put 1/2 cups of juice in, but from the bit I sampled this might have been too much. 
Optional mix-ins: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 Tbls. ground flaxseed. - I added some cinnamon, but I only a touch. I used the Korintje Cinnamon from The Pampered Chef, which is really strong so I added a small amount. 
Mix all ingredients in medium sized tupperware container with lid. Keep in the fridge overnight. Top oatmeal with a drizzle of honey, cinnamon, granola, roasted nuts, or coconut. Serve cold.
2 cups instead of 3

Adding the 1 cup of yogurt.

Adding the orange juice. I mixed the yogurt and oatmeal together first, then mixed the orange juice in.

It was a bit runny, so I added a bit more oatmeal. 

Adding the first bunch of raspberries but I added quite a bit more later.

This is practically all of the cinnamon I added. I mixed this in and then added a tiny bit more. 

It filled this entire container, so it had better be delicious!!
I will update this later with the results! Hopefully it turns out better than the rainbow cake, which I still have to write about....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the posts on the other ports!

The breakfast oatmeal was delicious.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Things. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.