Tuesday 5 June 2012

Baby, let's cruise away from here

I have been busy recently editing a video for Father's Day of the cruise and I finally finished on the weekend. I will be posting the video shortly, but I am going to also be posting pictures and details from each port, which I am assuming will take me a long time. The plan is to do a cruise post every Monday {Yes, I realize I posted this on Tuesday instead of Monday, but I will normally posting on Mondays}.


Let's begin with the beginning......


Barcelona, Spain. 
On May 4th we departed the Toronto airport on a 8 hour flight to Barcelona. The cruise did not depart until the 6th so we had an extra day and night in Barcelona to see the city. What we realized very quickly when we got out of the taxi that dropped us off 'just down the street' from our hotel was that we were nowhere near our hotel. It also took about three minutes of pulling suitcases up a cobblestone street that may or may not have been the correct street that we were on one heck of an adventure!


We clearly do not travel light!


Barcelona streets
Park Guell


Park Guell


One of the many flower stands in La Rambla




Sagrada Familia


The subway system - it is a wonder we didn't get lost!


Walking to the port! 


I have 497 pictures from Barcelona so this is only a taste, but I think this provides enough of a feel for the port without being too photo heavy.


Thoughts on Barcelona:
We ran into a few hiccups in Barcelona, from a 30 minute walk to our hotel to churches being closed earlier than normal, but we were able to see a lot more of the city in a more relaxed pace than the majority of the other ports. That being said, I did not really appreciate the Gaudi architecture which was the majority of the sites we visited. I loved walking through the tiny streets and realizing that we were actually in Barcelona! Our hotel was near La Rambla, which is a huge pedestrian street full of vendors and people. We mainly used the subway system around there and enjoyed those streets. It was a great location to enjoy the atmosphere. Maybe it was jet lag, maybe I was just anxious to get the cruise started but I only enjoyed Barcelona, not loved it. 


Next time I will post about Monte Carlo, Monaco






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Things. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.