Sunday 13 March 2011

Busy Busy

With the end of school nearing I feel more and more overwhelmed with everything. All I really need to do right now is survive this week, and I will only have two tests until exams start. But surviving is going to be a challenge!!

'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain' 
- Author Unknown.

This quote is from my great friend and I think it really applies to my situation right now. While I would not consider the sheer amount of work that I need to do to be a full-fledged 'storm', it is not sunny out by any means!

This week I am printing this quote out on pieces of paper and hand them out to people I see during the day. This might be friends, professors or even strangers I pass on the street. This is inspired by a video that was shared in one of my classes a while ago. You can watch a video on the story here: http://www.stservicemovie.com/ but basically Johnny, the bag boy at a grocery store, printed off inspirational notes and passed them to people who went through his check-out. Pretty soon the line at his check-out was so long as each day everyone wanted the inspirational message of the day.

Taking a page from Johnny's book, I am going to print off this quote and hand it to people I see. I hope I can inspire people and cheer up someone's day.

Maybe I can inspire someone reading my blog to do the same, or even just smile and say hello to the person passing you on the street. You just might be the difference between someone having a bad or good day.

This week might be raining and I might not dance very well, but I am going to be dancing my heart out anyways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Things. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.