Tuesday 4 June 2013

A Lazy Sunday Afternoon: Waffles and Demolition


Kirk made delicious waffles [and a big mess, but certainly not as big of a mess as I make every time I cook] and then we worked on a TOP SECRET Father's Day gift for Kirk's dad. After that we decided that we would take out the columns that were at the end of the property. They marked the property line but they were ugly and falling down. Now that they are down we are going to build cedar boxes to plant some flowers in. 
Kirk's waffle mess



"I ate too many waffles!"
The column


After getting the top off
A BIG mess


We needed reinforcements
The other column


A mysterious pipe that we hoped wasn't still connected! [It wasn't]
Trying not to make a mess...
...which didn't work too well



We filled in the holes with soil and grass seed, which we are currently patiently waiting for. Kirk checks the progress every day. Thankfully it has been raining quite a bit recently so I haven't had to water it much. Not that I mind watering it, it is just a huge pain in the arse watering anything around here because we don't have a hose so I have to take the watering can inside to the kitchen sink. Needless to say, getting a hose hooked up is on our 'to do' list

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Things. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.