Friday 10 June 2011

Today is....

a wonderful day.

a beautiful day.

a day to be thankful for.

a day to stop and smell the flowers.

a day to walk around with a huge smile on your face because you can.

I woke up this morning and decided that today was going to be a great day. Yes, I was so very tired when I woke up that I just wanted to go back to bed. And yes, the massive grocery shopping adventure ended up pushing my buttons. But these things did not stop me from enjoying this day.

One of the main reasons for keeping such a positive attitude, other than my birthday tomorrow of course, is this blog here: Alice's Bucket List. Alice is such an inspiration and if she can keep such a wonderful attitude despite her terminal cancer, then I certainly can.

But it all comes down to that; a choice. I can choose to have a great day today and not let anything dampen my mood. On the other hand, I could chose not to care and let every tiny thing bother me. Making the decision to have a wonderful day today was easy, keeping it a wonderful day meant some work, but it is worth it. Today is a grand day.

Because I missed this week's Monday Post due to being away, I figured I should finally post that book review for The Good Daughters. I posted it on my goodreads account and you can find the review here.

And finally..... SCATTERING SUNSHINE!!
That's right! I finally got the first item finished, it only took almost three months.

50 Ways to Scatter Sunshine
1. Send a hand-written thank you card to someone.

I received this box with cards for my birthday from my aunt and I completely adore it!
It was absolutely perfect for this scattering of sunshine. I am not going to say who the letter was to but the letter was mailed today and should be arriving sometime next week! I am going to pretend that I put off doing this first item of the list was because I did not have the right stationary to properly and effectively scatter sunshine. But now I do! 

Sunshine successfully scattered! 




"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." 


1 comments:

Jennie Guenard said...

Very inspirational, it's so true that you can just choose to have a good day! Thanks for reminding me as I get up early for work :) Hope your b-day is fantastic!!!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Things. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.