Thursday 2 June 2011

Garage sales and Woodstock Nostalgia Show

This post is for Emily, my dear friend, who wanted to see what I recently purchased last weekend at garage sales and the Woodstock Nostalgia Show. 

This year has been the first year I have really been excited about garage sales, but a monster has been released!! I love searching for hidden treasures and I certainly found some last weekend. 

Garage sales were on Saturday, bright and early, and then the Woodstock Nostalgia Show was Sunday morning. Kirk had found the ad on Kijiji and we decided to go check it out. We had no idea what to expect but absolutely loved it!! We spent almost two hours just looking at everything. The following is just a sample of everything there:

Small Antiques, Tins, Bottles, Vintage Paper, Postcards, Old Photos, Old Books, Vintage Clothing, Vintage Magazines, Automobile Advertising, Gas Station Memorabilia, Country Store Items, Movie and Television Memorabilia, Coca-Cola Collectibles, Brewery Collectibles, Advertising Signs, Vintage Sports Collectibles, Vintage Sports and Non-Sport Cards, Railroad Memorabilia, Old Tin Toys, Western Toy Cap Guns, Old Dolls, Vintage Action Figures, Old Plastic Models, China, Glassware, Coins, Paper Money, Stamps, Military Collectibles, Comic Books, Records and tons of other older collectibles.

After the show we went out for lunch at Pizza Hut and then went for a wonderful walk. The trail we found was well maintained and we can't wait to get back there with the bikes or kayaks. It was a most wonderful day.

I am so pleased with everything that I found at the garage sales and the nostalgia show so I decided I should show everyone my newly found treasures. Enjoy!

Garage sales

The bench -$5
 As soon as I saw this I knew I had to have it. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, but I love it! 



Frames and necklace - $2
Again, not really sure what I am going to do with it,  but I have a craft/art project in the back of mind that these would be perfect for if I ever get around to it!


Air hockey table - $30
I just had to buy this!!! I have always wanted one and I figure we can use it at camp. I don't have a picture of it, but Kirk and I played Epic Air Hockey tonight using both pucks. I lost, 7 - 41. 

Woodstock Nostalgia Show

Book
I have so many different books about Elvis, but this has to be one of the coolest, with the pages looking like a scrapbook of newspaper clippings and pictures. CiCi loves it!




Records
So many records!! It was fantastic, and I was thrilled to add nine records to my collection. 








My record wall(s) now looks like this:



Off to bed now! Another busy weekend coming up with a dance recital, the Fleetwood Country Cruize In, and a piano recital. 

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

1 comments:

jennieguenard said...

I love your garage sale finds! The bench is so cute, I am definitely going garage saling tomorrow!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Of Extraordinarily Ordinary Things. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.